- The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) has released a new form that Employers may use when employees request a leave under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) or Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- The form is intended to be used for medical certifications that will certify an employee’s or the employee’s qualifying family member’s serious health condition.
- The DFEH form will be useful to CA Employers because it excludes questions regarding medical diagnosis as it relates to the employee or family members, which CA Employers are not entitled to obtain under CFRA.
- The new DFEH form differs from the federal FMLA form in that the FMLA form includes questions regarding medical diagnosis.
- The DFEH is updating the current form’s format to be in line with other CA forms.
To download the new Family Leave Certification Form released by the DFEH visit www.dfeh.ca.gov
Leave rules vary based on employer size. If you have leave questions and fewer than 50 employees, email your questions to EBHR at INFO@everybizhr.comand an HR Consultant will contact you.
Blog by: Bessy Molina-Sanchez